The 2018 Civic Trust Awards, Pro Tem, AABC and Selwyn Goldsmith Regional Finalists have been revealed and feature a wide range of national and international entries.
Regional Finalists will now be reviewed by the Civic Trust Awards, AABC and Selwyn Goldsmith Award National Panels who will consider them for a National/International Award or Commendation. Applicants will be notified on Thursday 14th December as to whether their scheme has been successful at National Panel and is one of the 2018 Winners, or whether it will remain as a Regional Finalist.
Winning schemes will be presented with their Award or Commendation at the 58th Annual Civic Trust Awards Ceremony, which will be held in Manchester on Friday 9th March 2018, and further information regarding tickets to the event, will be available on our website after the National/International Winners are announced.
National/International Award winning projects will also be considered for 3 Special Awards; given to schemes which demonstrate excellence in a specific field. All winning projects are considered for each of the Special Awards by National Panel members, who determine the individual winners.
2018 Special Awards:
- National Panel Special Award - Selected by National Panel Members as their favourite scheme from the year’s Award winning projects.
- Special Award for Sustainability - Presented to a scheme that has demonstrated excellent sustainability credentials sponsored by Derwent London
- Special Award for Community Impact & Engagement - Presented to a scheme that has demonstrated how successful community engagement can help deliver the highest standards of design whilst meeting the needs of local people.
Amongst the 2018 Civic Trust Awards, Pro Tem, AABC & Selwyn Goldsmith Regional Finalists are:
- Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham, West Midlands - Galliford Try / Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios.
- Bosjes Chapel, Western Cape. South Africa - Steyn Studio
- British Airways i360, Brighton & Hove, South East - Marks Barfield Architects
- City of Glasgow College - City Campus, Glasgow, Scotland - Michael Laird Architects & Reiach and Hall Architects
- Command of the Oceans, Medway, South East - Baynes and Mitchell Architects
- National Army Museum, Kensington & Chelsea, London - BDP
- Somers Town Bridge, Camden, London - Moxon Architects Ltd
- Sunbeams Music Centre, Eden, North West - MawsonKerr Architects
- The Gateway Project for the Weald & Downland Living Museum, Chichester, South East - ABIR Architects
- Vajrasana Buddhist Retreat Centre, St Edmunds, Eastern - Walters & Cohen Architects
- Museum Ten Bogaerde, Koksijde , Belgium - Govaert & Vanhoutte Architects
- Refurbishment of the Royal Hospital of Chelsea, Long Wards, Kensington & Chelsea, London - Peregrine Bryant Architecture and Conservation
Please CLICK HERE for the complete list of the 2018 Regional Finalists