How to Apply
The 2021 Application Round will open on Monday 1st June 2020 and close on Friday 24th July 2020. Entries must be submitted on line by 5pm on Friday 24th July 2020.
Schemes eligible for the 2021 Application Round must be completed between 1st January 2017 and 1st September 2020 - this includes any surrounding areas which form part of the design.
The Applicant Guide is available to download here. This provides further information on the Civic Trust Awards such as eligibility criteria, our assessment process, application fees and Sponsored Special Awards. Please note, you can save £100 on each application fee by becoming a Civic Trust Awards Member - you can complete an online application membership application form here
An MS Word version of the Civic Trust Awards application form which may assist in compiling all the relevant information for your entry is available by CLICKING HERE.
The AABC Conservation Award Application form can be downloaded as an MS Word version by CLICKING HERE
Please note, we do not accept applications submitted as an MS Word document - all information/data will need to be transferred manually (by the applicant) to our online application system for the project to be considered.
Your application must be accompanied by the following supporting documentation and uploaded as part of your submission. These drawings are made available to assessors and National Panel to view online:
- Site Context Plan (PDF format) - please include a site plan of the scheme of sufficient scale to show the site in relation to streetscape and surrounding buildings. A multiple page PDF can be submitted (max file size 5MB per PDF)
- Ground floor plans and cross sections (PDF format) must AS CONSTRUCTED drawings if the application is for a building, at suitable scale. If the project is an extension or conversion, before and after plans should be submitted and clearly labelled, or the extension marked in a red colour for clarity. For landscaping or public realm projects, a plan showing scheme layout/scheme details can be included. A multiple page PDF can be submitted (max file size 5MB per PDF).
- Landscaping Plan (PDF format) for landscaping schemes, public realm projects, or where hard/soft landscaping forms part of the application, a plan showing scheme layout/scheme details can be included. A multiple page PDF can be submitted (max file size 5MB per PDF).
Applicants should also submit up to 20 individual photos of the scheme. Photos must be supplied in high resolution JPEG format (not PDF or TIFF) within the max 5MB limit. All photos must be clean images (free from borders, notes, text etc) and must not be a picture collage. Supporting images should include:
- Context Photos - Photos of the scheme taken from a distance are essential from at least two view-points to demonstrate the context in which the scheme fits within its surroundings (max file size 5MB per image)
- Scheme Photos - both external and internal (if the application is for a building). Photos should be selected to give a sense of the scheme and provide view-points from multiple elevations (max file size 5MB per image). Photos of specific detailing or materials should only be provided where these are essential to the judging process.
Images supplied at application stage are used for production of the winners’ brochure and on our website.
In addition to submitting 20 images in support of your application, please feel free to send additional images/ 2 minute video to us, clearly labelled with the applicant organisation and name of the project. Images should be sent on Dropbox/WeTransfer and should arrive no later than 31st August 2018.
Please note, all applicants must have the permission of the copyright owner before submitting photographs with their entry. The Civic Trust Awards scheme reserves the right to utilise any photos submitted for publicity purposes. All winning schemes will be featured in the Civic Trust Awards Brochure.
The Civic Trust Awards can retain the information provided in your application (including supporting information) and may use it for the promotion of the Civic Trust Awards scheme or any associated business. Applicant details will not be traded or sold to third parties without prior consent. Information may be shared with Civic Trust Awards sponsors where this is appropriate and with our media partners for the purposes of offering the opportunity to purchase advertisements in the Awards brochure. Please notify us via email (email@example.com) if you do not wish us to provide your contact details to our sponsors or partners.